Milton Youth Soccer Club is very proud to offer two scholarship awards annually, when possible one for a male player or referee and one for a female player or referee. Each award will be for an amount of $1,000.00 to player/referee candidates who qualify based on the following selection criteria:
- A student enrolled in Grade 12 or equivalent and has graduated during the current calendar year.
- A student who has maintained a minimum average of 75% during both Grade 12 semesters.
- A candidate who has played and/or been a referee in the Milton Youth Soccer Club for a minimum of 3 of the past 5 years.
- A candidate who has exemplified qualities of fair play, academic and athletic excellence, and leadership skills both on and off the field.
- A candidate that has been accepted (or will be by the end of the current soccer season) at a recognized College or University to attend full-time studies.
- A candidate who has been involved in community service work.
If the player/referee candidates fulfills these qualifications, their respective applications will be reviewed by an executive committee panel and subsequently one male and one female recipient will be chosen when possible. Recipients will be notified and an announcement will be posted on the website.
This award program will be reviewed annually and MYSC reserves the right to make any necessary adjustments based on budgetary considerations.
Application Deadline is Aug 1st, 2012. Please ensure you have read and fully understand the selection criteria before submitting your application. '
Congratulations to our Scholarship Winners!
2012 - Jessie Saliba , Kyle Brooks and Sean Kavanaugh
2011 - Rebecca Collins and Daniel Mikulic
2010 - Katie Callaghan and Kristina Luce
Created by: MYSC -- Last updated:Oct 22, 2012